Re: OpenJDK default versions and security/patch updates

Le 27/10/2018 à 13:28, Markus Koschany a écrit :

> For Debian 11 everything is open for discussion but I expect we will
> try to focus on another long-term supported OpenJDK version again.

Debian 11 "Bullseye" is likely to freeze the first half of 2021. Java 17
is the next LTS and will be released in September 2021, that will be too
late for Bullseye. So either Debian 11 ships with OpenJDK 11 (we can
expect it to be maintained until ~2026, which would be enough for the
lifetime of the Debian release + LTS), or it ships with OpenJDK 16 and
then a stable update upgrades it to OpenJDK 17 after September 2021.

Emmanuel Bourg