Re: Import git repo from alioth to salsa

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:16:07PM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> Le 16/04/2018 à 20:30, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>
> > I noticed that under
> >
> >    https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/
> >
> > some packages are migrated but the mass of packages is on Alioth as far
> > as I can see.  Is there any migration date?  I'm just asking since Alioth
> > will be switched of in about two weeks.
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Markus has created/migrated some packages there, and I've used
> java-package as a test repository to experiment with the migration.
>
> So far I've prepared a migration script [1] that does the following:
> - Imports the repository from Alioth to Salsa
> - Disables the unnecessary Salsa features (issues, snippets, wiki, jobs)
> - Configures the hook tagging pending bugs in the BTS
> - Configures the hook notifying the #debian-java IRC channel on events
> (with KGB)
> - Configures the Gitlab's emails-on-push hook (targeting
> pkg-java-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org and dispatch@tracker.debian.org)
>
> There is also a repository creation script [2] that can be used instead
> of /srv/git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/setup-repository on Alioth.
>
> The migration script is still missing a few things :
> 1. It doesn't disable the Alioth repository after the migration
> 2. The emails-on-push hook is incomplete because it only notifies about
> pushes and not about other events like comments and merge requests. I
> started working on such a hook [3] but it isn't ready yet. It's probably
> better to start the migration without this hook and add it latter to the
> repositories.
>
> Assuming I complete the script this week we can consider moving the
> repositories next week.
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>
> [1]
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/pkg-java-scripts.git/tree/migrate-to-salsa
> [2]
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/pkg-java-scripts.git/tree/setup-salsa-repository
> [3] https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/webhook/merge_requests/6

Hi Emmanuel,

Regarding item (1), perhaps you can leverage the disable-repository
script [4]?  I used the migration scripts from that repo for non-team
migrations with good results.

Cheers,
tony

[4] https://salsa.debian.org/anarcat/alioth-migration/blob/master/disable-repository