Re: Is it possible to run maven from a postinst mainscript?

>> 1. Some of the dependencies aren't available as debian packages

> They'll have to be packaged. What libraries are missing?

The non-karaf packages needed for boot, are:
 mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.metatype/1.1.6
 mvn:org.ops4j.pax.url/pax-url-aether/2.5.3
 mvn:org.fusesource.jansi/jansi/1.16
 mvn:org.ops4j.pax.logging/pax-logging-api/1.10.1
 mvn:org.ops4j.pax.logging/pax-logging-log4j2/1.10.1
 mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.configadmin/1.8.16
 mvn:org.apache.felix/org.apache.felix.fileinstall/3.6.4

>> 2. Some are packaged in debian, but in a different, and incompatible
>> version to what karaf needs (e.g. libfelix-framework-java)

> These packages will have to be upgraded.

I was a bit quick here.  libfelix-framework-java isn't needed for the
boot, can be removed from the system default repository, and will be
downloaded as needed to ~karaf/.m2/repository/

The packages that exist:
 libjansi-java (1.14 in stable, 1.16 in testing, so that's OK)

But that's the only one as far I can tell.

The OPS4J packages come from here
 https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.logging
 https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.url

The maven build artifacts from releases are pushed to maven central, but
I don't know if the source tarballs are available from anywhere.

The OPS4J license is Apache-2.0.

The Apache felix projects for the final three bundles, are:
 http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-metatype-service.html
 http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-config-admin.html
 http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-file-install.html

All of the felix subproject are available as source tarballs.