Re: Is it possible to have multiple versions of a java-lib installed?

> Le 17/01/2018 à 23:32, Steinar Bang a écrit :

>> Is pulling the jars in from maven central from maven depdencies
>> acceptable?  Or do they need to be acually built by the packaging
>> project?

> It's ok at run time but not at build time (the packages are built in
> offline mode).

Right.

This is incidentially exactly how karaf works: pulling down runtime
dependencies from maven central (or, potentially, other repos, I have
e.g. used my own[1]) and then loading and starting them.

But karaf needs its boot directory jars and the jars in the
system.properties file (the set of jars discussed earlier in the
thread), locally, before it can start using maven to pull stuff down.