Re: Gradle and JDK 11 issues

Hi,

Am 03.11.18 um 23:25 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg:
[...]
> For mockito (#910738) this issue has been fixed [1]. It seems to happen
> when the build.gradle file doesn't specify the source/target level. Try
> adding this:
>
>   sourceCompatibility = 8
>   targetCompatibility = 8
>

> Emmanuel Bourg
>
> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/mockito/commit/4331c15d

I have fixed it like that in mockito but it still feels like a
regression to me. sourceCompatibility and targetCompatibility had been
already set in build.gradle but now with OpenJDK 11 I have to specify it
in two other .gradle files as well. Maybe this is magically resolved in
a later Gradle version. The problem is, packaging a new Gradle version
requires much more time and effort than specifying these two variables.
(Any volunteers for Kotlin? :/ )

Regards,

Markus