Re: Importing new pristine tar into git ?

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 11:37 PM tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 03:58:32PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 02:20:49PM +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > >
> > > gbp import-orig ../fop_2.3.orig.tar.gz
> >
> > Please add --pristine-tar to update pristine-tar branch.
>
> You can also add this to your ~/.gbp.conf file.  I do this because I
> always want the import to occur.  The option can appear either in the
> [DEFAULT] section or the [import-orig] section of the file.  For
> example:
>
> $ cat ~/.gbp.conf
> [DEFAULT]
> postbuild = lintian $GBP_CHANGES_FILE
> upstream-branch = upstream
> builder = /usr/bin/git-pbuilder
> pristine-tar = True
>
> [buildpackage]
> export-dir = ../build-area/
> tarball-dir = ../tarballs/
>
> [import-orig]
> dch = False

Wouldn't it be better to store defaults/specific config in
debian/gbp.conf of project/package? Therefore, all package
contributors would use the same approach.

Also, recommended gbp.conf could be added to
https://wiki.debian.org/Java/Packaging as a new section, for example
as "recommended practices", or "recommended gbp.conf", or "common
guidelines", or "gbp guidelines",...