Re: don't see any a transition page for eclipse 4.7.3 but seems we are going there.

Le 26/10/2018 à 20:26, shirish शिरीष a écrit :

> Was reading ebourg's mail today. Seems we would be getting eclipse
> 4.7.3 soon. Although didn't see a link at the transition tracker
> https://release.debian.org/transitions/ but would be good to see a
> more recent version of Eclipse in Debian :)

Sorry but Debian isn't getting a new version of the Eclipse IDE, at
least that's not what I working on.

The src:eclipse package is old, broken, and nobody is actively
maintaining it. It should be removed but several packages still depend
on it (lombok, aspectj, jameica...). The purpose of the new eclipse-*
packages is to provide alternate dependencies and eventually remove
src:eclipse.

I leave to someone else the task of finishing the IDE packaging.

Emmanuel Bourg