Re: why doesn't libsurefire-java have a changelog.gz ?

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018, shirish शिरीष wrote:

> I am open to filing a wishlist bug against libsurefire-java , getting
> the surefire repo. and getting the git log > surefire-git.log which

No.

The commit messages are per-commit hints to what changed why, from
and for a developer's point of view. They’re *not* generally suitable
as a human-readable summary of changes for end users.

Not having upstream changelogs/news is actually the common case,
no need to act upon it, and *especially* not to “generate” one as
downstream.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant