Re: Minimal versions of the class files in buster

Hi,

Am 17.09.18 um 23:23 schrieb Alexandre Rossi:
> Hi,
>
> I have two ways of fixing #909040 [1] : either I build against an
> older jdk or I use a wrapper script ensuring at least java9.
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/909040
>
> What should I do? What is the policy?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alex

There is also a compile-java9 target in your build.xml file. I suggest
to use that first. Currently it doesn't work because the check
"is.java9" doesn't detect our current default version 1.10.

Then I recommend to tighten the dependency on default-jre-headless to

default-jre-headless (>= 2:1.9) | java9-runtime-headless

At the moment you compile for Java 6 bytecode with OpenJDK 10.
Unfortunately that doesn't work as expected anymore without using the
-release flag. See also [1] for more information.

Additionally you could use a wrapper script and use java-wrappers to
ensure the user is running a Java 9 compatible JRE. [2]

Regards,

Markus

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/247
[2]