Re: tomcat9 preview

Le 12/08/2018 à 02:13, Emmanuel Bourg a écrit :

> * The catalina.out log file is no more. It duplicates the content
>   of the catalina*.log files already generated by Tomcat since the
>   version 5.5, and with the systemd integration the latest logs are
>   available in /var/log/syslog and through 'journalctl -t tomcat9'
>   anyway.

Erratum:
* The log messages are not sent to /var/log/syslog by default, but only
to the systemd journal.
* The catalina*.log files don't capture the standard output/error unlike
catalina.out. On Windows the standard output/error actually goes to
tomcat-std{out,err}.YYYY-MM-DD.log files. So there is still a good
reason to keep catalina.out (the systemd journal is fine, but I feel
better with a copy as a plain old file).

Emmanuel Bourg