Re: How to upgrade code from batik 1.8 to 1.10 which is lacking XMLConstants [Was: cgview.jar does not find class from batik-util]

On 08/22/2018 09:38 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 09:18:12AM +0200, Olivier Sallou wrote:
>> looking at batik-util.jar, I see no org/apache/batik/util/XMLConstants
>> inside
>>

>> I can see it in batik  source code version 1.8 [0], but in 1.10 (debian
>> version)  [1], XMLConstants is not here
>>

>> [0]
>> https://github.com/apache/batik/tree/batik-1_8/sources/org/apache/batik/util
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/batik/tree/trunk/batik-util/src/main/java/org/apache/batik/util
> Thanks for this analysis.
>
>> so cgview is not up-to-date with current batik version. package needs to
>> be updated to batik 1.10 (if possible..)
> CGView was not updated since 2010 but I keep upstream Paul Stothard in
> this conversation.  I'm pretty sure that he would be happy to have some
> patch for the issue.  However, as you know, usually JAR's are included
> into the downloadable archive and thus the issue we are facing in Debian
> when using system libraries exclusively does not exist for the general
> user and thus the motivation at upstream site might be low to migrate to
> a more recent batik version.
>
> Since I personally have no idea how to replace XMLConstants when using
> batik 1.10 (and I also failed with a web search for a migration path) I'd
> be really happy about a patch.

will have a look, however is strange I do not find any XMLConstants
reference in cgview code....

--
Olivier Sallou
Univ Rennes, Inria, CNRS, IRISA

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438