Re: Import git repo from alioth to salsa

Hi,

Il 29/04/2018 23:13, Markus Koschany ha scritto:
> Let's remove all VCS fields from all our packages. Those fields are
> optional and not required. We simply use conventions. All packages are
> maintained in Git at salsa.debian.org. Period.

In line of principle I agree that some package meta information like
Vcs-* and others should be maintained in databases that are independent
of the specific .dsc packages and should not require an upload to be
updated. However, I also personally value homogeneity among Debian
packages, a value so rare that I actually would think twice before
dispersing it. Use different conventions with respect to anything else
make contributions more difficult and makes some tools less useful or
even useless.

So, unless the proposal is about pushing for a general acceptance of
this change in Debian and about updating somewhat systematically all the
available tools, I personally disagree with it.

Just my 2 cents, fully aware that my participation in this team is
tangential at its best.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani@gmail.com>
Postdoc researcher - Université Libre de Bruxelles