Re: Bug#681726: Time to remove eclipse from Testing?
- To: Markus Koschany <email@example.com>, Debian Java <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#681726: Time to remove eclipse from Testing?
- From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 14:54:45 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CAAajCMZ5o1bfht=smnJ4ByrJy5c+VDbTefrkBHKX46ne+yE6pA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAAajCMZOP0AW4a++02VDVwkWYZJM6Ze9g+8PCFpefq10KFSfirstname.lastname@example.org> <CAAajCMa5yGd2SGdm3wfVBZ_XsHZdkkZiejaY2fT7YngLd+rU+Q@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20171115160107.tj37mhbnjo3eitsj@localhost> <20171115160107.tj37mhbnjo3eitsj@localhost> <email@example.com>
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 18:01:07 +0200 Adrian Bunk <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I tried to sort out what I could find as required for getting the
>> ancient eclipse out of testing in :
>> 1. src:bnd
>> You fixed that already.
>> 2. batik -> maven -> guice -> libspring-java -> aspectj -> eclipse-platform
>> Is there some good way to break this dependency chain?
>> 3. split libequinox-osgi-java out of src:eclise
>> Or as a short-term hack, build only libequinox-osgi-java from src:eclipse.
> I have spent some time this weekend on Eclipse again. I have created a
> standalone src:libequinox-osgi-java package and successfully rebuilt all
> reverse-dependencies. We only have to make a small adjustment in
> src:netbeans and src:libnb-platform18-java and update the osgi patch.
> If there are no objections I could go ahead and upload
> libequinox-osgi-java to NEW.
> * svnkit:
> There are two Eclipse specific classes that fail to build. As a
> workaround we could remove one of them and patch SVNWCUtil.
> * android-sdktools and android-platform-tools-swt
> According to  both packages should be removed anyway.
> After that there would be only three packages left (not counting the
> eclipse plugins) that build-depend on either eclipse-platform (aspectj)
> or eclipse-jdt (lombok, biogenesis)
> Next I'm going to try if a separate eclipse-jdt package from  could
> be a drop-in-replacement for our current package. The latest stable
> release appears to be S4_8_0_M5.
>  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=879175#10
>  https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.jdt.core
As far as I know, android-sdktools and android-platform-tools-swt are
both deprecated by Google. So it should be fine to remove them also.
There is a chance that other parts of the Android SDK depend on JARs
from Eclipse, but I guess that's not likely/