Re: Maven 3.5.2

Hi Emmanuel,

On Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:06:54 +0100, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 22/02/2018 à 13:46, Stephen Kitt a écrit :
> > I’ve prepared an update to the Maven packaging for 3.5.2, and I’d like to
> > push it for review — I’ve requested to join the Debian Java packaging
> > team.
>
> Thanks a lot for helping! I've added you to the pkg-java group on
> Alioth. You may want to join the java-team group on Salsa as well since
> we are planning to migrate the repositories in the near future.

Thanks! I’ve pushed the updated packaging to
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/maven.git/log/?h=maven-3.5.2 and
submitted an access request on java-team.

> > My main motivation for this update is to get 3.5.2 into Debian and Ubuntu
> > (before the import freeze there), to make it easier to rely on 3.5.2 in
> > OpenDaylight (my day job).
>
> Did you manage to build with the version 3.1 of maven-shared-utils
> currently packaged? I didn't upgrade Maven to the version 3.5.2 yet
> because it requires maven-shared-utils 3.5.2 and there is a binary
> incompatibility (related to the colored console messages if I remember
> well) that breaks Maven 3.5.0. I think maven-shared-utils will first
> have to be patched to preserve the binary compatibility but I haven't
> got the time to look at that yet.

I didn’t run into any issue there, the Maven POM only specifies
maven-shared-utils 3.1.0; the upgrade to 3.2.1 was committed after the
3.5.2 release —
https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/24b8820f08f3ff1535931288b7782bb615b1f53d

I did notice errors regarding the Guice Inject dependency, but the current
build has those too (as per the buildd logs).

> > (I’m also a Karaf committer, so who knows, perhaps I’ll find the time to
> > look into packaging the dependencies needed for that...)
>
> This would certainly please Steinar :) Let us know if you need any help
> or guidance, either on this list or on the #debian-java IRC channel.

Will do, thanks!

Regards,

Stephen