Re: Move of gradle from expiremental to sid

Hi Olivier,

Am 10.02.2018 um 17:24 schrieb olivier sallou:
> Hi,
> is there a plan to move soon Gradle from expiremental to sid ?
> Experimental version fixes some issues related to tests that would be
> useful for some of our packages (debianmed)
>
> Thanks
>
> Olivier

I wrote about this issue before on this list. It would be possible but
then the bnd package was broken. There might be one or two other
packages that would suffer the same fate. I think the best way forward
to resolve this mess is to update bnd AND gradle in lockstep to a
version that a) fixes all Java 9 failures and b) is stable enough so
that all reverse-dependencies can be built from source again (might
require updates of r-deps as well). There is always some kind of
trade-off when we update gradle. This package is not really meant to be
compatible...

Regards,

Markus