Re: libexec-maven-plugin-java does not provide a "debian" version

On 10/30/2017 10:40 AM, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:

> I have noticed that libexec-maven-plugin-java does not provide a patched
> POM exposing che "debian" version, as many other Debian packages do. As
> I understand it, this "debian" version is useful so that other packages
> can declare a dependency on another package without having to track the
> exact version that is in Debian (assuming that they are not
> incompatible). Is there a reason for libexec-maven-plugin-java for not
> providing one? If not, I would like to add it, so that reverse
> dependencies do not break when a new version is uploaded.

Hi Giovanni,

This is intended, generic 'debian' versions don't work with plugins
(Maven checks the consistency between the version of the plugin and the
version in the plugin descriptor, a xml file embedded in the jar).

You can try removing the version of the plugin in the pom, Maven should
automatically pick the version available.

Emmanuel Bourg