Java9: 90 broken by -source/-target

The Java 9 games continue!

There are around 90 packages which fail today, but which will succeed
if the -source and -target flags are fixed.

Here are the build logs / package list:
https://rbuild.fau.xxx/2017-08-30/regress/

This is after the current round of ant and Maven changes. There's not a
super strong correlation in the results. Some will be fixed by asking
ant to force the javadoc source option to 1.6, like the javac option.
e.g. https://rbuild.fau.xxx/2017-08-30/regress/opticalraytracer.log

I did this test with this minimal patch:
https://github.com/FauxFaux/debjdk9/blob/6298e520cb315d93d03872aa8e70b7b964f5e1eb/jdk/allow-old-source-versions.diff

The System.err logging is lost in most cases, unfortunately; I suspect
build systems typically drop it, or javac is being run as part of some
abnormal ant build, or...

We could... fiddle the version iff we're running inside
dpkg-buildpackage, using environment detection again? Pretty ew. Not
sure it would work for Ubuntu.

Are we going to fix these all by hand? i.e. shall I raise 90 bugs,
and then start changing packages? Or are we going to fix this in the
compiler? Or does someone have an ant/environent suggestion?

Cheers.