Please consider a free license for Java Statistical Classes

Hi,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team which is a group inside
Debian with the objective to package free software in life sciences and
medicine for official Debian.  I intend to package ngopt[1] which
includes a copy of jsc.jar.

When checking the license of JSC[2] I realised that it is
non-distributable by Debian due the restrictions of usage and the missing
source code.  Considering that the download page on one hand says:

   Version 1.0 	This is an incomplete beta release.

and on the other hand it seems not developed any more since

   Updated 	15 August 2005

I'm wondering whether you might consider to release the source code
under a free license.  This would probably help the usage in several
free projects and possibly would enable some contributions to keep the
code up to date.

Kind regards and thanks for considering

      Andreas.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngopt/