RE: gradle-bundle-plugin

> Le 20/10/2017 à 21:28, Sebastian Humenda a écrit :
>
>> I'm trying to package a java project which uses Gradle. When executing
>> `dpkg-buildpackage`, I get
>>
>>     Could not resolve org.dm.gradle:gradle-bundle-plugin:0.6.4.
>
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> What project are you trying to package? If the OSGi metadata aren't
> essential you could probably disable this plugin.

Please don't remove OSGi metadata from libraries that provide it upstream.
Other projects using OSGi rely on the metadata being there. It would be
surprising that the metadata is missing on Debian.

An alternative could be to generate the metadata from an online Gradle build
and package it along with the other sources. It's just an extended manifest.
AFAIK sometimes other libraries using bnd to generate metadata are packaged
similarly.

> Emmanuel Bourg

Ingo