Re: CDBS regression affecting Java packages

Le 17/10/2017 à 12:40, Matthias Klose a écrit :

> I see that many packages are now converted to use plain debhelper.  Should that
> be a soft release goal for all java packages?

Yes I think it's a good idea to standardize on a single system to
simplify the maintenance (23% Java packages use CDBS, down from 40% last
year and 64% two years ago). CDBS with Maven has an annoying bug that
makes it run the tests twice, so the build is slower than DH. With
debhelper I miss the DEB_MAVEN_* variables though, that was convenient
to quickly tweak the build without overriding dh_auto_build,
dh_auto_test and dh_auto_clean.

Emmanuel Bourg