Fwd: A lot of packages fixed to build with jdk9

Fyi,

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: A lot of packages fixed to build with jdk9
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 08:42:29 +0200
From: Fridrich Strba <fridrich.strba@suse.com>
To: IcedTea <distro-pkg-dev@openjdk.java.net>

Hello, good people,

In openSUSE Tumbleweed, our rolling distribution, we switched to
OpenJDK9 as a default Java since a week before the official OpenJDK9
release. I spent a considerable time going over different Java packages
to make sure they build with OpenJDK9. The big chunk of the work is to
be found here:

	https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/Java:packages

Some are really easy, just to bump the source and target levels, but
some are result of reading thoroughly the code and understanding
different problems.

So, if you are a distro packager and have to port packages to Java 9,
before you waste you life, check there for eventual patches. They are
all contributed under the license of the underlying project.

Just a heads-up

Cheers

Fridrich