Re: wanting to join the java team

On 29 July 2017 at 16:08, Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:
> Am 29.07.2017 um 16:57 schrieb Carnë Draug:
>> On 27 July 2017 at 16:55, Markus Koschany <apo@debian.org> wrote:
>>> Am 27.07.2017 um 17:49 schrieb Carnë Draug:
>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Looks good.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Markus
>>
>> So do I need to do something else to have that package uploaded to the
>> NEW queue?
>
> Hello,
>
> I thought you wanted to package FairSIM first and its dependencies. As
> soon as this is done, I will take a look at them and then upload all
> packages together.
>
>> I have also noticed that the Vcs-Browser and Vcs-Git on the d/control
>> file are incorrect.  Could someone create a git repository on the
>> pkg-java and then I would fix that?
>
> The Vcs-URI looks correct to me. The repository has not been created
> though. We will complete this step when all packages are ready and then
> you could join the team manage all Git related tasks yourself next time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Markus

I have finally packaged fairsim and uploaded it to d.mentors [1].  It
requires two other packages, JLargeArrays and JTransforms, both of
which I have also uploaded to d.mentors [2, 3].  Could you please
review them?

Took me a while because it also required some work on the imagej
package (de facto abandoned but still in debian-med).  I also
struggled with the right maven incantations to build the javadocs
correctly.

I have one last minor issue with maven that I can't fix.  I would like
to patch one of the java files in fairsim.  However, because it uses
the root of the package as sourceDirectory, the copies made by quilt
in .pc are found by the java compiler which then errors due to a
duplicated class.  I workaround this by not applying any patch.  The
two I would like to apply is a javadoc fix (already reported upstream
[4]), and the text on the about window which mentions the git checksum
from the build to report bugs (it should mention debian instead).

Carnë

[1] https://mentors.debian.net/package/fairsim
[2] https://mentors.debian.net/package/libjlargearrays-java
[3] https://mentors.debian.net/package/libjtransforms-java