Re: Why dependency on both default-jre and java<N>-runtime

On 2017-08-24 16:15, Carnë Draug wrote:
Thank you for the answer but I still don't understand.  I get how the
use of virtual packages for java<N>-runtime allows one to choose
OpenJDK or Oracle JDK.  What I don't understand is the default-jre
*and* java<N>-runtime.  Actually, I don't understand the default-jre
at all if one also needs to specify a minimum java version via
java<N>-runtime.

The first package in a list of alternatives must a be real package due to limitation on the build daemons, which only consider the first package in a list of alternatives.

Kind Regards,

Bas