Re: Advice regarding Java packages for SimpleITK

On 08/05/2017 10:16 AM, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:

> I was wondering which files should be installed (and to which location)
> to produce corresponding Java packages which are policy compliant.

Hi Ghislain,

As I understand you'll need two binary packages for the Java bindings:

* libsimpleitk-java (arch: all), with simpleitk-1.0.1.jar installed in
/usr/share/java and a versionless symlink in the same directory (I
suggest using a javahelper debian/*.jlibs file to handle this operation).

* libsimpleitk-jni (arch: any), with libSimpleITKJava.so in a multiarch
path (for example /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/jni/)

You'll have to ensure the .so file isn't included in the jar, this may
require some tweaking of the library loading code.

Emmanuel Bourg