Re: Could I join to this team again?

Am 26.07.2017 um 04:04 schrieb Hubert Hauser:
> Hi!
>
> I am a new Debian contributor and I would like to participate again to
> Java Packaging Team.
>
> Could I join to this team again? I am very sorry but I just forget
> about doing contributions. I really care about gaining some experience
> in open source. I would like to have in my account new contributions to
> Debian next to these done on Debian Wiki.
>
> I would like to consider the request positively.

Hello,

we have discussed this matter internally. We would prefer if new members
actually contributed something to the team first. If you don't package
anything or fix bugs in team maintained packages, then you also don't
need access to the team's Git repositories.

It appears to me that you possibly misunderstand the concept of
contributing to a team. For instance I saw your request to become a
Debian maintainer. [1] The correct order is to contribute something to
Debian first and then a Debian developer may recommend you to become a
Debian maintainer.

There are also various other ways to contribute to the Java team. You
could participate in technical discussions on this list and provide
constructive feedback. Or you can investigate bug reports, triage them
and provide patches. Here you also need no access to the Git repository
on Alioth. Just reply to those bug reports via your favorite e-mail
client. See [2] for how to report bugs with reportbug. At [3] you can
find an overview about all bugs affecting team maintained Java packages.

I hope that helps a little

Regards,

Markus

[1] https://nm.debian.org/process/121