Re: Need for help: Eclipse Neon

Am 22.07.2017 um 21:05 schrieb Christopher Hoskin:
> I've spent the whole day looking at tycho and am going to have to put
> it to one side for the time being.
>
> I'm not clear what, if any, relevance
> tycho-bundles-external-0.25.0.zip has to the build?
>
> My guess is that in order to build eclipse, various OSGi bundles like
> org.eclipse.osgi.services need to be pulled in from a P2 repository,
> but it's beyond my current level of understanding to see how to do
> this. (I'm not a Java programmer - and I've no prior knowledge of
> OSGi).
>
> Perhaps someone more experienced in this area might be able to take a look?
>
> Christopher

Hi,

updating Eclipse to the latest version is a non-trivial task and
requires a lot of time and research. I have also tried it but I never
got to the point where I felt comfortable with the result. That doesn't
mean I have given up yet but it requires some dedicated effort. In
short: I can't help you at the moment but if you are able to reproduce
Fedora's packaging of Eclipse, then you are one step closer to the final
result.

Regards,

Markus