Re: passing -XDignore.symbol.file to compiler with maven

Am 11.07.2017 um 15:53 schrieb Carnë Draug:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to package JLargeArrays [1] to Debian which requires
> passing the '-XDignore.symbol.file' option to the compiler [2].  This
> package uses maven and 'mvn package' works fine in Debian Stretch.
>
> However, the Debian package I prepared [3] failed to build until I set
> the maven.compiler.fork option [4].  I found online that maven would
> silently discard '-XD' flags unless fork is set but upstream does not
> have that set and it builds fine in Debian.  Could someone explain to
> me why?  This is my first Java Debian package and I'm probably missing
> something pretty obvious.

Apparently this is the first package in Debian which has to use this
kind of workaround. [1]

I don't know why it is necessary but I would not worry too much if
passing maven.compiler.fork=true in maven.properties resolves the issue.

Markus

[1]
https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=maven.compiler.fork+path%3Adebian%2Fmaven.properties