Re: Problems to package a Java-based application and uploading the resulting deb package to mentors

Hi,

I don't want to discourage you from getting more involved with Debian
and Java packaging in general but in my opinion you shouldn't start with
packaging your own application. wallpaperdownloader sounds like a nice
little application but it is probably just that. Debian is not a
general-purpose store for private projects. An application should have a
considerable user base already or the application should satisfy a real
demand. Downloading images from the Internet...I think a list of URLs
and a web browser will most certainly do.

Regards,

Markus