Re: Javahelper and java-doc dependencies

Am 22.02.2017 um 10:53 schrieb Ole Streicher:
> Hi all,
>
> wen using javahelper, I can automatically generate the java dependencies
> with ${java:Depends}. However, our Java policy also states some
> dependencies for the javadoc package: "The API must link against the
> javadoc API of the libraries it depends on... This package must recommend the
> doc packages it was linked against."
>
> Can this dependency be calculated with javahelper?

Hi Ole,

quoting from /usr/share/doc/javahelper/tutorial.txt.gz

"As of version 0.32, `jh_depends` also checks installed javadocs for
links to system installed javadocs. It will use this to populate the
${java:Recommends} variable, which can be used for the doc package."

So using ${java:Recommends} for your -doc package should work.

Regards,

Markus