Re: "Width (0) and height (0) must be non-zero occurred while creating cursor CopyDrop.32x32"

Thorsten Glaser <t.glaser@tarent.de> writes:

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2017, tony mancill wrote:
>
>> 5.x).  At this point I think the behavior is isolated to VirtualBox.
>> However, I am not aware of a work-around.
>
> I’ve talked to a VirtualBox engineer (then Sun) at LinuxTag
> about emulation bugs related to BSD. He said they were aware
> of certain bugs, but as they don’t get paid to fix them, and
> their only targets to emulate correctly were Windows and Solaris,
> that’s all they care about. (It got so bad (also, users com‐
> plaining about the “bug”) the MirBSD installer now refuses
> operation under VirtualBox, although it seems to be slightly
> better if you have “hardware acceleration” enabled.)
>
> So, in short, I’d not care about bugs that only occur due
> to broken emulation.

Thank you both for confirming it's a virtualbox issue.

A workaround that seems ok is to switch the desktop environment:
I just switched from xfce4 to e17 and the problem is gone
(for a short amount of time?).

Otherwise: Which sid virtualization do you use for building/testing
packages?

I guess Xen would be very efficient. But is it a risk to run Xen (Dom0?)
on a production desktop machine? And I can run a "remote desktop" server
on a Xen instance to test GUI programs?

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter