Re: "Width (0) and height (0) must be non-zero occurred while creating cursor CopyDrop.32x32"

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 06:23:50PM +0100, Felix Natter wrote:
> hello d-java,
>
> this error occurs quite often on current+older sid in virtualbox (even
> after reboot, sometimes a change in desktop environment seems to help),
> for freeplane, jajuk, josm.
>
> There is a josm bug for this:
> https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/9209#comment:10
>
> Two IntelliJ bugs:
> https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-155555
> https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/JRE-50
> --> this one suggests updating virtualbox
>
> And an ubuntu bug against the XMir server:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/1232471
> (but this may be unrelated)
>
> Could someone confirm that it's just me in virtualbox 4.3?

Hi Felix,

I encountered the behavior when I was preparing an update of JabRef,
and have subsequently noticed it with jEdit as well.  At first I was
concerned that this was a more general issue, but so far have only been
able to reproduce the issue within VirtualBox (but not only 4.3, also
5.x).  At this point I think the behavior is isolated to VirtualBox.
However, I am not aware of a work-around.

Cheers,
tony