Re: Freeplane and latest jgoodies-forms: strange runtime error

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 11:22:46AM +0100, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2016, Felix Natter wrote:
>
> > 2. Could someone please help analyse the underlying problem
>
> I was also bitten by this problem:
>
> https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-java-commits/2016-December/062915.html
>
> On the other hand, Squirrel-SQL is not uploaded to Debian yet,
> so that’s nobody’s fault.
>
> But I think we basically have to assume that the exact contrary
> of what the jgoodies website states is true, i.e. that every new
> version breaks all rdeps, both at compile and at runtime.

<long stream of expletives deleted>...  I'm frustrated by this because
I thought we had addressed the compile-time rdeps by building everything
and reaching out to package maintainers when there was compile-time
breakage.  And I didn't anticipate the run-time breakage.  Long-term, I
think it is worth discussing how best to support Java applications in
main, since it often feels like we're swimming against the stream trying
to support system-level JARs for everything packaged for Debian.

But short-term, I'd like to ask for the team's input on what I needs to
do to clean up the mess I have made by introducing the new version.  Is
it sufficient to rebuild all rdeps and then upload after a quick
run-time test?

Thanks for the input, and sorry for the noise,
tony