RE: Version failures creating a package with mh_make on Sid

> [...]
> mh_make is not perfect yet.

Of course not, nothing is :-)

> If it can't detect
> libmaven-bundle-plugin-java, even if it is installed on your system,
> then you need to ignore this artifact for now. Repeat this step until
> mh_make creates a complete debian/directory or use an existing package
> as a template which is similar to yours.

mh_make was working on Jessie, so this is a bug/regression/whatever.

> [...]
>>
>>> maven-debian-helper
>>> automatically replaces the 2.3.7 version number to the versionless
>>> "debian" which we use to ease package upgrades.
>>
>> The maven-bundle-plugin doesn't have a symbolic "debian" version, see bug
>> 721474.
>
> Interesting. I have touched many packages before that use
> maven-bundle-plugin and never noticed it is missing a symbolic debian
> version. That should probably be fixed.
>

>>> However I think libmaven-bundle-plugin-java is probably missing in
>>> debian/control.
>>
>> There is no debian/control yet, and even if I specify the exact 2.5.4
>> version for maven-bundle-plugin, Maven just continues complaining with
>> other plugins.
>
> Ok then I suggest specifying the exact version for now (using
> maven.rules for that later should be an option too) is the way forward.
> If mh_make complains about other plugins, then you have already found
> the workaround for maven-bundle-plugin. Ignore the other plugins for now
> or use a similar workaround until mh_make creates a preliminary debian
> directory.

These plugins aren't referenced from my pom, they are indirect dependencies of default Maven plugins. mh_make -v resolves all dependencies successfully, it is Maven that fails later on. So either something is seriously broken or I'm doing a bloody beginners mistake.

> After that you need to find out if the problematic plugins a)
> exist in Debian, b) need a Debian specific substitution rule in
> maven.rules and c) are listed in debian/control.

All the dependencies are already packaged.

Thanks,
Ingo