Re: Eclipse 4.x and Tycho

Le 19/10/2016 à 23:14, Markus Koschany a écrit :

> However the update will possibly break the packages that Emmanuel is
> fixing at the moment. So perhaps wait a little bit more and don't put
> too much energy into those packages. We might need it later. :)

Hi Markus,

I'm glad to hear someone is still interested in Eclipse!

I fixed the eclipse package mainly because it blocked several
transitions (libtomcat8-java, libjetty9-java, libasm-java) and I just
realized it's a key element in our dependency graph (bnd, lombok,
aspectj, svnkit, netbeans and xbean depend on it, and this affects many
more packages transitively). That's what led me to figure out a
workaround for the Java 8 compilation issue. The fixes for the other
eclipse-* packages are just a bonus to clear a bit our list of RC
issues... and to clear my conscience since I actually broke some of them ;)

I may upload another eclipse update to switch to libasm-java (>= 5.0)
and libjetty9-java, but I don't think I'll invest more time on the
Eclipse ecosystem since I don't use these tools and I have other goals
in mind before the freeze (mostly completing the Tomcat 8 transition,
and maybe the BND 3 update).

Feel free to update and break as you wish, as long as I can continue the
transition that's fine for me :)

Emmanuel Bourg