Re: Default Java version for jar file in Debian

On 08/24/2016 10:18 AM, Ioan Eugen Stan wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I don't think that is possible since you can't build Java 8 code to
> target a lower JVM. You probably could if you used only those API's, but
> I believe you can't make that kind of assumption for all libraries.
certainly not all java libs are 1.5 compatible indeed, this would
suppose that they only use quite old Java core API.
But why 1.5 ? we should  target , when possible (if not depends on JDK
>= 1.8), the minimal Java version available in Debian (1.7 ?).

Olivier

--
Olivier Sallou
IRISA / University of Rennes 1

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438