Re: Need for help: Eclipse Neon

Thank you Emmanuel.

I'm sorry for the delay, I'm not at home this month.

Il 29/07/2016 15:29, Emmanuel Bourg ha scritto:
> Hi Luca,
>
> Le 22/07/2016 à 18:05, Luca Vercelli a écrit :
>
>> Eclipse requires Tycho Maven Plugin to build, and I have packaged it
>> using suggestions from Fedora packagers:
>> https://mentors.debian.net/package/tycho
>> (currently, we don't use Fedora scripts to build Tycho, we just use
>> patches, maven, and maven-repo-helper)
> Well done! I think you can push the packaging repository to alioth now.
> I see some potential minor improvements, we can help you.
That's ok. I suppose I cannot create a repository in Alioth, somebody
should create it for me, am I right? Something like
https://git.debian.org/git/pkg-java/tycho.git ?

>> Then, I have tried to build Eclipse.
>> I have uploaded my trials here:
>>
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/eclipse.git/tree/debian?h=experimental
>>
>> During the build, Tycho fails with tons of errors. They are attached.
>> Can anyone try to help me?
> I see two issues:
> - something that looks like a tycho error. Did you try switching the
> tycho jar you built with the official one? Maybe you forgot something in
> the tycho package (some classes or resource files).
Yes, and no. This package creates 15-20 jars... I have tried to replace
some of them, however these jars are not "patched", so I get many more
errors.

> - org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.ManagedOutputStream is not found. This
> class comes from eclipse, maybe the modules aren't compiled in the right
> order?
That class exists. It is in the org.eclipse.osgi jar. I cannot
understand why it is not found at runtime.

Luca