Re: New steganography application

Am 03.04.2016 um 23:31 schrieb Tobias:
> Hi Markus,
>
> thanks for your reply. I would really like to join the team and maintain the software in the future!
> I had looked at the packaging process but it seemed to me very complicated at first sight.
> That's why I asked here.

Hi Tobias,

you can register an account on alioth.debian.org and request to join the
team on this site: (bottom right)

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-java/

You should also read

http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

You don't need to file RFS (request for sponsorship) bug reports, if you
are looking for someone to upload your package. Just ask on debian-java.
Please subscribe to the list, if you haven't done so already.

Maven based packages are rather simple, for instance take a look at
undertow:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-java/undertow.git/tree/debian

debian/rules: These lines are usually sufficient.

#!/usr/bin/make -f

%:
	dh $@ --parallel --buildsystem=maven

debian/control is pretty self-explanatory and you just need to adapt it
to your package.

The maven.* files might confuse you in the beginning but they are simply
there to rewrite artifact and group ids and version numbers to match
those in Debian's archive.

I recommend to use Debian Sid for development and to install
build-essential and maven-debian-helper. The latter contains a helper
script called mh_make. cd to your package root directory where your
pom.xml file is located and run "mh_make". It will ask a couple of
questions and hopefully create an initial Debian directory. So far

Markus