Re: Creating a deb for a Java based project, and saying hi to the mailing list

Le 5/10/2016 à 03:25, David Myers a écrit :
> @Markus and @Wookey.
>
> Thanks for the pointers. I knew that there would be some good places too
> look just wasn't sure I was finding the correct / most appropriate things.
>
> Thanks again...
>
> I'll keep in touch.
>
> David

Hi David,

I'd suggest that you get a look at jdeb [1] too, you may find this path
easier. It allows you to generate a .deb file directly from the project
build system. The resulting package can't be distributed by Debian but
there are some advantages worth considering (less packaging constraints,
direct control on the updates, one package for all Debian/Ubuntu
derivatives, buildable on Windows/OSX).

Emmanuel Bourg

[1] https://github.com/tcurdt/jdeb