Re: Creating a deb for a Java based project, and saying hi to the mailing list

On 2016-10-04 08:23 +0400, David Myers wrote:
> Hello all.

Welcome, more people helping out is good.

> I have just taken on a task of creating a deb package for an open source Java
> based project (runs in Tomcat or other embeded container).

I can't answer most of your questions, but people at debian-java
should be able to. Just to say that debian-mentors is a better list
for 'help with packaging, especially people new to it' questions, than
debian-devel which is for general development not including newbie
packager questions.

(I have done some java packaging, but know remarkably little about
java). I've used java-helper and the debian policy and wiki info:
https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJavaPackaging

Wookey
http://wookware.org/