java outlook for stretch and buster

As part of an overview of different toolchains [1], I looked at java as well
(re-posted here):

"""
Java/OpenJDK
------------

For the stretch release openjdk-8 will be fine as the default java
implementation.  For buster, gcj (to be removed in GCC 7) won't be available
anymore, and we'll end up with architectures without a java implementation.  At
the same time I'd like to consider to stop providing OpenJDK zero builds,
leaving powerpc and mips* without a java implementation as well (currently not
building for openjdk-9).  armhf (not armel) and s390x have Hotspot ports underway.
"""

The ARM32 port already is in an upstream repository, and I'm told that the s390x
is on it's way.  Even if these ports will not be merged before openjdk-10, it's
my intent to build these from their branches, as done in the past with the
AArch64 and PPC64 port.

Looking at the zero based ports at [2] isn't very encouraging.  If you feel that
it's worth keeping these, please send patches to get them built.

Matthias

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/09/msg00193.html
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=openjdk-9&suite=experimental