Bug#832915: ITP: openhft-chronicle-bytes -- OpenHFT byte buffer library
Owner: Emmanuel Bourg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : openhft-chronicle-bytes
Version : 1.0.1-alpha
Upstream Author : Higher Frequency Trading
* URL : https://github.com/OpenHFT/Chronicle-Bytes
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Java
Description : OpenHFT byte buffer library
Chronicle Bytes has a similar purpose to Java NIO's ByteBuffer with some
extensions. It's build on Chronicle Core's direct memory and OS system
call access and contains all the low level memory access wrappers.
The API supports:
* 64-bit sizes
* UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 encoded strings.
* thread safe off heap memory operations.
* deterministic release of resources via reference counting.
* compressed data types such as stop bit encoding.
* elastic ByteBuffer wrappers which resize as required.
* parsing text and writing text directly to off heap bytes.
This package is a dependency required to upgrade the Spring Framework (libspring-java).
It will be maintained by the Java Team.