Re: stegosuite_0.7.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On 08.06.2016 10:44, Tobias wrote:
> Hi,
> I updated debian/copyright accordingly. It's in master at https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-java/stegosuite.git
> But I'm not sure, how to proceed. Delete the debian/0.7.2-1 tag and re-tag this commit? Or use debian/0.7.2-2?
>
> Regards,
> Tobias

Hi,

deleting the 0.7.2-1 tag and creating a new tag would be correct. Since
this version never appeared in the archive, there is no need to bump the
revision.

More problematic is the following. The EPL is incompatible with the GPL.

https://eclipse.org/legal/eplfaq.php#GPLCOMPATIBLE

I'm not a lawyer but I don't see a way to fulfill the demands of the
Free Software Foundation or the Eclipse Foundation. That makes your
software automatically non-distributable for Debian.

The only way to resolve this issue would be to relicense the class or to
remove it completely.

Regards,

Markus