Re: which source package has the source for javac in openjdk?

On 04/30/2016 09:35 AM, Devendra Bista wrote:

Hello Devendra,

One of the great things about Debian is that you can *always* determine
this information for anything you have installed via the distribution,
and of course you can always retrieve the sources.  For example, on my
system:

> $ dpkg -S bin/javac
> openjdk-8-jdk-headless:amd64: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin

And then assuming that you have configured deb-src URLs in your
sources.list, just retrieve the sources for the binary package that
contains the binary you're interested in:

> $ apt-get source openjdk-8-jdk-headless
> Reading package lists... Done
> Picking 'openjdk-8' as source package instead of 'openjdk-8-jdk-headless'
> NOTICE: 'openjdk-8' packaging is maintained in the 'Bzr' version control system at:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openjdk/openjdk/openjdk8
> Please use:
> bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openjdk/openjdk/openjdk8

Or, if you don't want to download the sources, jump to
https://tracker.debian.org/ and enter the package name of interest that
was returned by "dpkg -S".  In this case, you'll be redirected to
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/openjdk-8, which shows you both the
source and resulting binary packages.

There are probably multiple other slicker ways to do it than what I just
posted, but maybe that helps get you started.

Cheers,
tony