Re: Tomcat 7 security update

Am 28.03.2016 um 18:07 schrieb Markus Koschany:
> [first e-mail failed, attachment is compressed now]
>
> Hello Security Team, hello Java Team
>
> I have prepared security updates for Tomcat 7 fixing 9 CVEs in Wheezy
> and 7 CVEs in Jessie.

Hi,

since I haven't heard anything negative about the security update for
Tomcat7 so far, I'm hereby sending you the final debdiffs for Wheezy and
Jessie.

After further investigation into the test failures I'm convinced now
that they are unrelated to the update because they also occur with the
current version and it seems they can be traced back to an update of
OpenJDK 7. According to [1] the error is caused by stricter checking of
values in cookie names. The error message is:

Illegal character(s) in message header field: Cookie:

Double checking would be appreciated though. I didn't disable the tests
completely but used DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck, so it should be easy to
verify this. My other usage tests went fine.

Regards,

Markus

[1]
http://tomcat.10.x6.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Apache-Tomcat-8-0-29-td5042759.html