jb_build with "-source 8" ignored

Hi the Java team,
I'm creating a package [1] for beagle [2] which requires Java 8.

When I put --javacopts="-source 8" to jh_build, it was not take into
consideration and set by defaut -source 1.5 which make beagle fails to
build with 73 errors (Errors messages similar to "use -source 7 or
higher to enable...").

When I put --javacopts="-source 7" to jh_build, it was take into
consideration but beagle fails to build with 21 errors (Errors
messages similar to "use -source 8 or higher to enable...").

So I really need to set "-source 8" to build beagle but I don't know
why it was ignored. Could someone have any idea of where is my
mistake?

The package is build using git-pbuilder, so in a clean updated Sid system.

Best regards,
Dylan

[1] https://bitbucket.org/Dybian/pkg_beagle
[2] https://faculty.washington.edu/browning/beagle/beagle.html