Re: OpenJDK 8...

On 05.02.2016 07:59, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
...is now the default Java runtime in unstable! I just uploaded
java-common/0.55 to unstable and it switched the default-jre/jdk to
openjdk-8 for all the architectures previously defaulting to openjdk-7.

I expect a few packages to FTBFS after this update (most notably
eclipse) but the main compatibility issues have already been fixed.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=openjdk-8-transition;users=debian-java@lists.debian.org

now lists the packages hardcoding openjdk-7. This need to get fixed to remove openjdk-7.