Re: SBT dependencies questions

Hi Fabio,

Le 7/02/2016 00:51, Fabio a écrit :

> sbt tgz file and deb file [1] contains sbt without dependencies.
> At first run sbt download dependencies and stores them in ~/.ivy2
> directory.
> Do we upload deb scala-sbt.org into non-free? Or do we generate a debian
> package from sbt binary tgz with the same behaviour (download
> dependencies @ first run)?

I don't think we can reuse the scala-sbt.org package as is. We should at
least have a proper source package even if it's in non-free. Regarding
the dependencies that's an excellent question. Would it be possible to
build a self contained package of sbt with its dependencies such that it
can be used in offline mode?

> Can I use jh_makepkg to package sbt?

If it helps you, yes.

> I don't know eclipse orbit. Could you give me more information how to
> package it?

Eclipse Orbit is a project providing OSGi enabled variants of existing
libraries. For example if someone releases a very popular library but
doesn't include the OSGi metadata in the jar, the Orbit project will
release a repacked version of foo with the OSGi metadata.

So if SBT uses orbit-foo, you'll instead use directly the non orbit foo
library available in Debian. This usually implies changing the groupId
of the dependency (org.eclipse.jetty.orbit:foo will become org.foo:foo
for example).

If you have a specific example I can show you how to do that.

Emmanuel Bourg