Re: Modified embedded jortho

Am 01.02.2016 um 18:30 schrieb Felix Natter:
> hello debian-java,
>
> the freeplane (1.[123]-)package used to install a separate package with a modified
> embedded version of jortho (http://jortho.sourceforge.net/, GPL):
>   https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/freeplane
>
> I am in the process of modifying the package with the new gradle build
> system, and wonder whether/why this is really necessary.
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,

Hi Felix,

I think if Freeplane still embeds jortho it might be useful to provide a
separate package in case other packages needed it as a [build-]
dependency. However why is jortho embedded at all? Would it not be
better to create a standalone source package for jortho which freeplance
could depend on? If this version of jortho is heavily modified and only
useful in the freeplane context, then you can most likely remove the
separate package but the question remains why those changes haven't be
upstreamed yet?

Regards,

Markus