Re: Packaging maven-scala-plugin (Was: Help needed for gatk)

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, Feb 01, 2016 at 03:05:32AM -0800, Andrew Schurman wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-02-01 at 09:51 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Thanks for "reading aloud" for me - this might be due to my partial
> > blindness for Java problems. :-)
>
> No worries. Sometimes people overlook the simplest solutions because
> they've been tackling a problem for too long.

I'm actually not really worried - just explaining my position to ask in
advance for more patience. ;-)

> > So I think I need to go on packaging:
> >
> >     https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-toolchains-plugin/  and
> >     https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-repository-plugin/
> >
> > I'm just asking here to make sure that there is no work in progress
> > for
> > this or that it somehow could be circumvented somehow ...
>
> Now you've found a more interesting problem. The scala-plugin doesn't
> have a direct dependency on these, yet expects them to be there. Seeing
> how there have been a few releases with this change, it's unlikely to
> be a mishap by the author. Checking `dependency:tree` doesn't list them
> either, so we don't need these to be packaged. What this has to mean is
> the version of one of the dependencies of the project in debian isn't
> correct. A quick search for toolchain in jars of the dependencies show
> it's available in maven-core:3.0.4.
>
> It looks like you're building with maven-core 2.x instead of 3.x since
> it was added in 3.x. The debian version of maven-core redirects to 2.x
> by default, so you'll need to add a publishedRule to use version 3.x of
> maven-core.
>
> Hopefully that troubleshooting logic will help you.

I'm not fully sure.  At least I understood that possibly no other
packaging task will end up on my desktop.  I admit I have no idea how to
craft the suggested publishedRule.

However, what makes me really suspicious is:

$ grep maven.*-core-java maven-scala-plugin_3.2.2-1_amd64.build
Selecting previously unselected package libmaven2-core-java.
Preparing to unpack .../libmaven2-core-java_2.2.1-24_all.deb ...
Unpacking libmaven2-core-java (2.2.1-24) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libmaven3-core-java.
Preparing to unpack .../libmaven3-core-java_3.3.9-3_all.deb ...
Unpacking libmaven3-core-java (3.3.9-3) ...
Setting up libmaven2-core-java (2.2.1-24) ...
Setting up libmaven3-core-java (3.3.9-3) ...

Is there any reason that libmaven2-core-java is implicitly dragged in by
other Build-Depends and may be this is creating the problem?

Thanks for your patience

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de