Re: About Jenkins in Debian

Hi Kai-Chung Yan,

I don't have an answer to your question but I would like to point out
that gradle [1] does not depend on SBT [2]. They do similar things but
SBT is Scala oriented while Gradle aims to be a more generic build tool.

Regarding your question, from my experience during Debconf Heidleberg I
think Debian will accept any package as long as it is high quality and
maintained. The issues around Jenkins are that it's a big piece of
software with very active development and a big ecosystem of plugins
around it. That makes it a very difficult thing to maintain from a
security point of view. Stability and security means you need to keep
changes to a minimum.

If someone has a better explanation, please feel free to correct me.

[1] http://gradle.org/
[2] http://www.scala-sbt.org/